Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rawr

Okay, one rant for today (I've been pretty good about not ranting too much lately, haven't I?).

When a telemarketer calls, and I politely say "I'm not interested, can you please take my phone number off of your calling list?", it is RUDE to hang up on me before I finish my statement. How on earth do these people think anyone is going to buy their product/spam/con game when they are so rude? I told one woman (months ago) that I wasn't interested in what she was selling, she kept pushing. Then I interrupted her and said with a sickly sweet Texas accent "What part of 'I'm not interested' do you not understand?" to which she replied with "My, we're getting a bit testy today, aren't we?" and CONTINUED to try to sell me her product. I won't post what I said in response to that as it was very un-Christian and I am ashamed of having given in to the temptation of anger, but suffice it to say I hung up on HER after giving her a piece of my mind. What I'd like to know is how she thought I'd buy her product after she became downright nasty to me?

I would like to take a moment and say that I had never done that before, and I don't ever intend on doing it again. Two wrongs don't make a right and I had no reason to scream into the phone at her like I did. I will admit I was going through one of those random pregnancy-induced mood swings at the time, but that's still not a good excuse for my actions. If I ever talked to the woman again (I doubt that would happen), I would apologize for my behavior.

Lately though, I've been getting calls about some "vacation package" that my phone number has "won". And the caller id shows "out of area". Lovely.

Looks like I've got to visit the "do not call" registry for BOTH of my phone numbers. Again.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger