Thursday, January 3, 2008

And the Reply

Well, this is not the reply to the original complaint I made. Their first reply was a typical "We're sorry for your inconvenience but you should have done [blah]" form letter. I wrote a rather testy reply back to them...not rude, just expressing my dissatisfaction with lots of words and exclamation points and several capitalizations one does not find in a well-written thesis paper. I made it clear that I didn't appreciate the implication that I was at fault for their incompetence and received the following:

Thank you for contacting FedEx. We apologize for the problems you experienced with us.

Our primary goal is to handle each package in a professional and business-like manner. We assure you that your experience with this shipment was not typical, nor does it reflect the high standard of service we want to provide.

We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to write and share your concerns. This allows us a valuable opportunity to examine and correct possible deficiencies that cause customer dissatisfaction.

We deeply regret that the service you received has failed to meet your expectations of excellence. FedEx is genuinely concerned with providing the highest quality service possible.

We hope you will continue to allow us the opportunity to handle your global shipping needs. We look forward to serving you more satisfactorily.

So while this reply also sounds like a form letter, it at least is more specific to my problem. I appreciate the quick response and acceptance of responsibility implied in this email. Now this is the type of reply that makes me want to be a customer. This is customer service. GO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

UPS has been absolutely great whenever I've notified them about delivery issues because of my disability. Sometimes I just need to make sure they don't leave packages (heavy ones) outside since I can't get them in - other times that they don't leave them at the wrong door(s). I'm glad FedEx was more responsive the second time - after all it's reasonable to expect what you're asking for!

Powered By Blogger