Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm Shocked (Should I Be?)

I was reading a post on another blog about a Planned Parenthood employee who allegedly failed to report the possible statutory rape of a 12 year old girl (I use "allegedly" and "possible" because it is not really clear what exactly happened, or at least to me). Being the curious little snot I am, I decided to read the comment section for the post. This blogger has one particular person who comments on just about every post she makes and for anonymity I'll use a different letter than the one she signs with...how about "R".

R is very vocal about her support of abortion rights. She has expressed many times in the past that she would abort her child if she became pregnant again. In the comments to the post mentioned above, R explains over and over again that her responsibilities as a parent end when it comes to her children having sex. Another commenter made a remark about how becoming a parent is the best cure for narcissism. R replied that she agreed, parenting is not about YOU (meaning self).

Wait...back up a second. Abortion is a selfish, narcissistic act. This woman has proclaimed before that she would have an abortion in a heartbeat because she didn't want another kid...and then in the same breath she agrees that parenting isn't about her self? I'm still confused. Shocked. Or maybe I shouldn't be.

This kind of attitude reminds me of the many liberal-minded people who want to abolish the death penalty because life is precious...but are all too willing to advocate the murder of 40,000,000 unborn children. Wait, where is this "tolerance" they speak of? What about the love and hugs and peace that's so often spouted from their lips?

Which brings me to another thought...it occurred to me today that my baby boy is due to be born on the 35th anniversary of the annual March for Life (held on the anniversary of the historic Roe vs. Wade decision). What a coincidence! Of course, I very much doubt he is going to make his appearance to the world tomorrow, I'm not really showing signs of going into labor (for which Sean is relieved as today is his birthday!) for a few more days at least...I'm more likely to be induced later this week. But still, I find it a wonderful chance timing that my due date is on such a momentous day.

Please, keep the marchers in your prayers today and tomorrow, and pray for all of the innocents who have never had a chance for life and who never will. I'm certain God has a special place in heaven for those beautiful children. Please also pray for the mothers who are making the "choice" to kill their unborn children as well as the mothers who in parts of the world are forced to do so (such as occurs in China).

No comments:

Powered By Blogger