I talked to Mom this afternoon, she sounds a lot better than she did yesterday. The Dr.s have come to a final diagnosis. Apparently she does NOT have a viral infection (which means I'm spending Saturday morning in Sherman at the hospital) which is the good news. The bad news is that her stroke was caused by a tumor on the cerebellum. This tumor is also what caused the flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for the last week and a half that was mistaken for a viral infection. The tumor is benign, so that's slightly good news, but the neurosurgeon wants to wait until the stroke symptoms have had some time to clear up in the next couple of weeks before they perform brain surgery to remove the tumor.
So while I am relieved to know what the problem is and that I can finally visit her, she is by no means out of the woods yet. Again, my family and I appreciate the prayers and support through this very difficult time.