Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Change of Scene

Oma called me last night to let me know Mom has been moved from the hospital to an in-patient rehab center nearby. She was able to use her walker to move 18 feet on Monday. The neurosurgeon is still waiting for a bit more improvement before her brain surgery is scheduled, but we are all hopeful for it to be soon, quick, safe, and gotten over with.

Sean took me to see her on Saturday, and while I am glad I got to see her, it almost hurts more to have done so. It's scary to see my mom laying in a hospital bed hooked up to all kinds of tubes and machines. She has lost a lot of weight during these last couple of weeks probably due to the lack of nutrition, and she doesn't sound like my mother. Because the left side of her face is still mostly inactive, she slurs her words and just sounds so tired.

I miss my mother and want her back the way she was. This is so difficult to deal with.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger