Friday, June 26, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

Okay, I'm jumping on the Quick Takes wagon starting today, thanks to Jen from Conversion Diary.

1. A pizza slicer is great for cutting toddler-sized pieces of sandwiches, especially grilled cheese. This handy tool makes lunch prep a breeze. Just make sure the sandwich has been properly smushed. A sandwich is no good unless smushed.

2. I spent the last two weeks without getting on my computer. Although I have stayed connected via my new 'net-capable phone, I have noticed that life really does exist outside of the interwebs.

3. The time I normally spend online has been spent on a couple of projects. The first is a dollhouse that my mother bought for me as a child and never got around to building.


4. The other project is an entertainment center and mantel for our living room. Progress has been made since this picture was taken and is nearing completion.


5. I want to meet the genius who created Crayola Color Wonder products. George loves the finger paints and markers and I love that there is no mess besides slightly sticky hands after fingerpainting. Plus, all Crayola products are non-toxic!

6. Fresh homemade guacamole is super easy to make and tastes great. After spending a weekend in Comanche, my friend Melisa showed me how to make it and I decided to try it out last night. If only avocados weren't so pricey!

Super Easy Guac:
2 ripe avocados
a couple of squirts of lemon juice
1/2 ripe tomato, diced
1/2 sweet onion, diced
approximately a tablespoon of chives
approximately a tablespoon of dried cilantro
Mush avocados in a bowl with a fork, add other ingredients, mix thoroughly. Serve with chips. The only non-fresh ingredient I used was dried cilantro since I couldn't find fresh at the grocery store.


7. Speaking of our trip to Comanche, we spent the morning of the 13th in Dublin snacking on free Dr. Pepper birthday cake, free milk, and of course...free Dublin Dr. Pepper! Yes, I brought back cake and frosting mix for Dublin Dr. Pepper cake. And a couple of cases of Dublin Dr. Pepper.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger