Monday, September 14, 2009

Everyone's A Little Bit Racist

I would love to see Avenue Q live. Besides the infamous "Internet is for P--n" song*, my favorite tune from this great musical is "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist." Why? Because it points out the stupidity of the liberal PC crowd.

Lately I've been hearing a lot about race in the news, on the internet, and in magazines. A Newsweek article suggests that babies are racist at 6 months, Joe Wilson makes a rude but correct comment during President Obama's speech to Congress and is labeled a racist (the topic being healthcare and non-citizens), people who are outspoken against Obama and his "changes" are being labeled racist.

I have a question for you liberals that I ask my toddler when he won't stop whining. Do you need somebody to call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance? It seems there is a large piece of wood that needs to be removed by your proctologist.

I am about as white and pasty as could possibly be.

But...

When I moved to a new town in the 3rd grade the first friend I made at my new school was...drum roll please...black. I try to think back and remember any of my schoolmates as a young child and I only remember fun things we did, not what they looked like. In fact, when I checked through some old school photos the only thing I really noticed was the hair (late 80's, early 90's...wow).

Fast forward to when I moved to Texas. I was a little shocked to discover there were only three black families in my hometown (the town's name might have something to do with it although unintentional). I was intimidated...to be surrounded by white people.

In college I had friends of just about every skin color. A good friend of mine is black, but I don't even notice it most of the time. To me, he's a friend, just like all my others. He's also very funny and an excellent cook.

Why am I telling you all this? Because believe it or not, I am a white conservative Christian and I am NOT racist. Agist (against teenagers) and sexist (against stupid woman drivers), yes. Racist, no. I could ask any one of the conservative people I know about race, listen to their comments, see their actions, and I see absolutely no hint of racism. Disgust of stupidity, but that affects people of any color.

So to you liberal nuts out there, get over yourselves. Please.



/end rant



*This is actually a very humorous song that really makes more of a statement of fact than anything. Some might find it offensive. If you think you might be offended, please don't look it up.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger